Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our Amarillo Trip

Sorry it’s been so long since I’ve written anything. Last week I was sick for most of the week, with The Five Day Sickness. I was awful to be sick while on a trip. I worked really hard the Friday and Saturday before, trying to get all ready to go, and then once we got on the road the illness hit me full force. I was in bed from Sunday to Wednesday, all during the Missions Conference we were scheduled for in Dallas. Everybody said it went great, so that’s good.

Wednesday night we went to a church in Oklahoma, and then pulled out on Friday and went to Amarillo. On Saturday we discovered that the bus wouldn’t start again. With some testing, we discovered that we needed two new batteries. Now, these aren’t regular batteries, mind you, they’re monster batteries, weighing about 150 pounds each and costing that much in dollars!
Well, the Lord provided them both through a man at the church there in Amarillo. Thank You, Lord, and bless that man in a special way.

On Sunday we went to a large church and sang before a crowd of about 500 or so people. Unfortunately, I still had junk in my throat from the sickness, so my part was a little strange. Other than that, everything went well.

Sunday night after church Jonathan, Stephen and Sharon left to go to Pastor’s School in upper Indiana. They drove all night and most of Monday to get there, arriving safely at around 3pm. We left Sunday night as well, and drove until about 2am and then started out again at 6:30am. We got home at around 10:30 in the morning!

It was really good to be home, but boy, did I have a lot of work to do. My hubby had injured his back, so it was just the little kids and I unloading the bus. I just finished up today. I’m also washing up all the bedding and towels today, too. It’s a big job, but I’m glad to have the bus when we travel.

Well, there you have it, Ladies and Gentlemen. Maybe you’ll hear from me again sooner next time! 

No comments: