Sunday, May 24, 2009

Do I have it all?

I may not "have it all," but I have truly been blessed. Just in this brief trip through Colorado, I see how good I have it.

The views are fantastic, the family time has been great, the fellowship in churches has been good, and the Lord has used it to show me some very important things.

First of all, if you want to see our trip in pictures, see Sharon's blog. She's done an EXCELLENT job in capturing our trip mile by mile, adventure by adventure. I think it's great.

Until I can learn more about pictures, however, you are all stuck with words here!

I suppose the most important thing the Lord is teaching me right now is THANKFULNESS. It is always so easy to look on the dark side of things, when things go wrong (as they often do while we travel), and not to be thankful for the good things we DO have and for the opportunities we DO have. I can even be thankful when things go wrong, because the Lord can use it in my life to help me be a testimony of His goodness.

Many times, it is only when we meet someone who has less than we do, has it harder than we do, or struggles more than we do, that we come to understand how good we really have it. That has been the case with me lately.

Having spent the week in a very poor county in Colorado, where many people don't even have electricity or running water, I see how very blessed I am. My shower may run cold half the time, but I do have a shower! My air conditioner may not keep up with the heat very well, but I do have a/c! And I may not always have instant access to the people I love, but I do have a very loving family. God has been SO GOOD to me!

I pray that the Lord will help me always be content with such things as I have, for God is with me...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Ooooh! Glad to see you finally posted some more! Good post...
Love you!

*Sharon*

Bethany said...

Hey Mrs Raub!
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night! It's been a while!

Bethany