Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 3 At Kathy's!

This was my third day at Kathy's, Monday.  It was a busy day, but I think my most favorite time was the time I "had" to keep an eye on the baby for awhile.  I and my camera had a lot of fun!

I started out this morning with a 2 1/2 mile run past the cemetery, then down a new path to the right, rather than to the left.  I was very disappointed that I didn't hear my favorite bird this time, the one with the piercing call, but I heard another bird caw-ing very loudly.  Can you guess what it was?

I decided that the path I've been running on is probably actually a motocross or 4-wheeler path, based on the way it was made.  This particular leg of the journey was built with medium sized rocks at the bottom, smaller rocks poured in between, a generous layer of dirt, and some drainage pipes.  Any rock which was outstanding (get it??) had a coating of bright orange paint, so no one would kill themselves on it.  And in some places, there were markings similar to a paved road: an orange stripe down the middle and two white stripes on either side.

Anyway, I got a little further back than I intended, so my 23 minute run turned into a 33 minute run.  Not bad, though, since the weather was nicely cool.  

By the time I got to Kathy's after my shower with my wet hair, hot tea, and sausage on a small plate, the kids were eating their breakfast.  Would you believe I actually found people who eat slower than me??  I know it's really hard to believe, but it's true nonetheless.  I showed up after they started, and they were still stirring their soggy cereal around when I was done.  

After breakfast, I hit the dishes again, making a further dent in the pile.  I also put on some laundry, folded, and put away some clothes, too.  If I keep folding and putting away 2 loads for every one load I put on, and if I put on about 4 loads a day, I can catch up by tomorrow afternoon.  *whew*

Today is Kathy's errand day, so we loaded up all the humans and went to McD's, but not before Emmy reached over, got ahold of a tear in Matthew's pants, and widened it way beyond belief.  Needless to say, we had to stop by Goodwill and pick up another pair of pants for him, so he wouldn't be a prince dressed in rags!
Anyway, we went to McD's, ate, and Kathy & I set up Command Central while the kids played in the play place.  We both had our Kindles & computers, and when one program was coming up, we used the Kindle; while the Kindle was downloading stuff, we used the computers.  Busy, busy!  Lots of fun talking about different books, like the one she got, The Man Who Knew Too Much, and the one I got, Holy Bible KJV optimized for Kindle.  I was so thrilled that it actually goes to chapter and verse if I want it to, rather than searching by some obscure location number.

After our electronics session, she dropped me off to get my hair done, while she fed the baby and went to Walmart.  At the Cost Cutters, I had an eyebrow waxing (she did an ok job, but there are strays I'll need to get when I get home) and a cut.  She did a very thorough job...perhaps a bit too thorough.  At least I know it will grow out.  ;)

I walked to Walmart and got some birthday presents for Emmy, came home, did more dishes and laundry, and started preparing dinner.  The kids and I went out to the garden, and I picked beans while they trampled them.  It was quite harrowing for some of the plants.  I didn't stay long, just long enough to get the beans we needed for dinner, then we went back up and I fried chicken breasts, and cooked green beans while Kathy made some noodles disguised as rice.  It was really good, though.

My evening was spent doing more dishes and more laundry, and I took the kids out to the playground and pushed them on swings (they were jets taking off from aircraft carriers, etc.).  I chased them around for awhile, and ended up in the sandbox with them.  Lots of fun!

I was also able to spend some time holding Luke while he was awake.  He has no control over his eyes yet, so when he accidentally finds my face, he looks at me like I came from some other galaxy and then looks away.  Really cute, though.

Then I helped the kids put all the toys away, did more laundry, and kissed them all good night.  All of which brings me to now.  *whew*  I'm about ready for bed!

Kathy keeps saying over and over how much she appreciates all the help, and having me here.  I can see that having three small children is quite a daunting prospect, and I'm sure it's a relief to have an extra hand around for a few days.  It's been my pleasure to help her out.  I can't help but think of all the many times she helped me after I had each of my own babies.

No comments: