Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 2 at Kathy's...Sunday!

My second day at Kathy's was Sunday.  She's the pastor's wife of Northwoods Baptist Church in Escanaba, and her husband, Matt, is the pastor.  He is an excellent preacher, and they have a wonderful, growing church!  But for my part, I was glad to be with the kids and help out.  This is an adaptation of the letter I sent to my family.

I sure did enjoy a wonderful day in the Lord’s House.  Matt's an excellent preacher, and I got a lot out of both of his messages.

This morning I got up, dressed and went to Kathy's house to get my shower and have breakfast. Little Matt, who rides the bus with his dad, the driver, was already dressed and Matt was out the door.  For breakfast, I had a sausage, a Fiber One Bar, and a banana.  Yum!

I really want to help Kathy by cleaning up a lot, so after I ate, I did up a dishpan of that mound of dishes and put on a load of laundry, then did my hair.  Really, I didn't do much with the kids to help Kathy, but I did clean up a bit.  I had forgotten that they always have food at Sunday school, so I had a second breakfast of half a spicy breakfast burrito (and a cup of coffee!  No Stevia...) there.  Bro Christianson taught an excellent lesson on a brief overview of doctrines taught in the first 10 chapters of Genesis.  Did you know that virtually every Bible doctrine and every principle for living is laid down in the first ten chapters of Genesis?  Amazing!  I also thought how amazing it was that Adam was willing to leave fellowship with God for companionship with Eve.  It really goes to show how relationships can affect us - for good, and bad.  (Of course, in Adam's case, it was bad.)



Matthew preached on friendship, being a friend of God.  It was very good.  I got a double blessing of being able to watch the little buddy while Kathy played piano.  He is so adorable!!



While we waited for the bus to come back, I did another huge stack of dishes (I'm slowly whittling that pile down), and put on another load of laundry, folding and putting away a bunch, too.  Most of the laundry is clean, but needs folded and put away, so I'm working on that pile, too.  

Then it was Pizza Hut for lunch, but we didn't get there till 2, and there was only one waitress, so we didn't get our food till almost 3!!!  My sausage was looooong gone by that time.  I had one piece of pizza, and took Emmy to the bathroom, so by the time I got back, the pizza was gone.  There were bread sticks, but I didn't want to load up on carbs.  

I came home, took a nap, and called my family (hooray!!!), then went to Kathy's, did another stack of dishes and load of laundry.  Emmy contributed to the mess by wetting herself, so I took care of that, too.  Busy, busy!!

Two peanut butter sandwiches later, we went to church.  We celebrated the Lord's Supper - how precious it is to remember the death of our Lord Jesus!  What an incredible picture we have in the bread and juice being broken, crushed, and becoming part of our very being through its sacrifice!  I hope I never get over the wonder of it all - and then we went to preachin'!  This time, it was an excellent message on walking in the Spirit.  How essential it is to walk in the Spirit, and how I long to be right in step with God.

We talked for a long time afterwards, and most of my time was trying to make sense out of the political smorgasbord one of the brothers was laying out.  I got lost about 1/12 of the way into his talk, but what I did understand was very interesting. 

We went to Culver's for "snack," with most folks (Matt, David, Kathy & the kids) getting ice cream while I got a salad and cheese curds...and a hot tea!  Lots of cream!  It was really good.

Now I'm ready for bed.  There's a cool breeze blowing, so I think it will be great weather for a run tomorrow morning.  I'm really looking forward to it, since I'm all cramped up from sitting for a week.  I've got a terrible headache right now, so I took ibuprofen, which I hope takes effect soon, and I'm going to bed.


No comments: