Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Learning to Lean


The Lord has been so good to me, but I am realizing, as I reflect on this year, that some of the best things that have happened to me have been the most difficult ones. And the reason they are the best things, is because they have caused me to lean on the Lord more than before.

This past year, I lost my wonderful mother. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, to hold her hand as she was slipping out of this world, and realize that these were the hands that fed me, dressed me, and held me, like I do now to my little ones. These hands and this dear person would not be here any more to talk to, to be with, to laugh with, to ask questions of, or to share little tidbits about the kids with. Those days are gone, they are over.

But I am learning to lean more on the Lord. When my oldest daughter got married, it was a wonderful time, but a very difficult one for me, since I missed my own mother so much. She was so much looking forward to that wedding. She was supposed to be there! But, the Lord was still there, though my mom was not. I can ask Him questions, tell Him my troubles, and seek Him for guidance.

The Lord has allowed me to go through this, and grow through this. I am very thankful
for His presence and His wisdom!

No comments: